Hi, we are Julie and Carlos – welcome to our global trek!
This is a place where we can share our travel stories in a way that we have never done before – not just with friends and family, but with anyone out there who has ever dreamed about seeing the world with their own eyes. Now, a little more about our story…
- was born and raised in Brazil, but doesn’t know how to play football or samba
- studied Mechanical Engineering but runs his own imports company
- has lived in 3 continents and visited 22 countries
- is the webdesigner of the blog
- loves caipirinhas, dogs and the ocean
- was born in China, raised in Canada, but studied and worked in the USA
- studied Bioengineering and worked at a health IT startup
- has lived in 3 continents and visited 14 countries
- is the writer of the blog
- loves big cities, sleep and canned peaches
- met studying abroad in Zurich, Switzerland
- love good food, travel, and new cultures
- both claim to take better photos for the blog than the other
- look forward to visiting all 7 continents and exploring as many countries as we can
- are excited to share our travel stories with you!
Our current trek
We just finished our 386-day journey throughout Asia! With a rough plan of where we wanted to go as well as these goals in mind, we left home with only the backpacks and what little we packed on our backs. From summer 2014 to fall 2015, everyday has been both challenging and rewarding.
Our Asia Year in Review has a comprehensive look back on our epic adventure. Read about our top Asia destinations as well as a breakdown of our budget and exactly how much it cost us. Here’s some “wisdom” we gathered along the way!
Starting in Hong Kong and Macau, our Asia Year saw us extensively travel through Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Check out the Destination tab for all the places! We look forward to growing the list and recording our every move.
For everyone curious about travel, please follow us! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest, subscribe to our newsletter or send us an email. Oh, and we love hearing any comments you may have on our posts.
Julie and Carlos